Diabetes is a chronic disease in which the body cannot produce insulin or use existing insulin. Insulin is a hormone produced by the pancreas. It is necessary for the transfer of glucose (sugar) from the blood into the cells of the body, which receive energy through it. When the body lacks insulin or it does not work properly, the level of glucose in the blood rises.
Diabetes is diagnosed with blood tests showing high blood glucose levels.
Types of diabetes
There are several types of the disease:
- Diabetes mellitus type one (dependence on insulin) most often occurs in people under the age of 30 years. The main symptoms are constant thirst, increased appetite, frequent urination, sudden weight loss. The disease due to problems in carbohydrate metabolism, malfunction of the pancreas (it does not produce the right amount of insulin);
- Diabetes mellitus type two. It is also called insulin-independent. Aged people are especially prone to diabetes. Since insulin is not produced sufficiently, it is necessary to follow the regimen, balance the diet, lead a moderate active lifestyle;
- Gestational type of diabetes (manifested in pregnant women). It occurs temporarily, during the period of pregnancy in women. There is a risk of problems in the development of the fetus, as well as the possible re-manifestation of the disease in 5-20 years;
- Other types of diabetes. In such cases, the causes of the disease cannot be determined, therefore, there is a great chance to improve the results of diabetes treatment with pills.
How is diabetes treated?
Depending on the type of disease, the therapy will be different. For example, a mild form of diabetes does not require the use of insulin, moderate diabetes involves its periodic administration or the use of special drugs that reduce sugar. Daily insulin is required for severe diabetes mellitus. Sometimes thanks to a well-designed treatment regimen, it is possible to bring the disease to moderate severity.
Diet becomes the main component of therapy. A patient also needs to use glucose-lowering drugs, insulin and its analogs. It is also important to regularly measure blood sugar levels.
Diabetes pills at Greene pharmacy
When a specialist detects high blood sugar levels, diabetes mellitus is diagnosed. This disease not only causes discomfort but can also lead to a multitude of complications (for example, vascular disease, impaired vision, diabetic foot syndrome, brain pathologies). Therapy varies depending on the severity of the disease, causes, etc. Pills for diabetes need to be chosen by the attending physician.
For patients diagnosed with Diabetes, My Canadian Pharmacy Greene offers all the supplies and medications you need to manage your health.
All products are supplied from proven manufacturers and have affordable prices. Shop at our medical arts pharmacy today for:
- Glucophage (metformin)
- Glucotrol (glipizide)
- Actos (pioglitazone)
- DDAVP (desmopressin)
- Glucophage SR (metformin)
- Prandin (repaglinide)
- Precose (acarbose)
- Micronase (glyburide)
- Amaryl (glimepiride)
- Glucovance (metformin/glyburide)
- Glycomet (metformin)
- Glucotrol XL (glipizide)
- Starlix (nateglinide)